For Administrators, Teachers and Older Students
|Wash Your Hands!|
Slides with notes
|Articles for school newsletters|
|Print material order form|
|Letter from Medical Officers of Health|
The Resource Manual “Wash Your Hands! Resources for Schools” provides tools and information about handwashing and preventing the spread of infections in schools. The slide set and notes, “Handwashing in Schools”, can be used as a self learning tool; for teacher, staff and administration learning sessions; for presentations at school council meetings or as a learning resource for older students. The content of these resources was designed to complement the Kindergarten through Grade Three resource for teachers.
- Information about handwashing, respiratory infections, soap, hand sanitizers, and cleaning agents
- Information sheets for school personnel and parents
- Articles for school newsletters
- Checklist for assessing handwashing facilities
- Solutions to common handwashing problems
- Handwashing signs
- Handwashing videos
This resource was prepared by Do Bugs Need Drugs? (DBND) through a grant from Alberta Health and Wellness in collaboration with Alberta Education and Alberta Health Services.
NOTE: You will need a PDF reader to view some of these resources.